07 February 2014
Viewnior 1.4 released
- Read EXIF and IPTC metadata
- Nitrogen support
- Updated translations
- Preserve metadata after image modification
- Rendidering artifacts when panning
26 February 2012
Viewnior 1.3 released
- Wallpaper support for LXDE
- Hebrew translation
- Wallpaper fix for XFCE
- Minor fixes
24 February 2012
Viewnior 1.2 released
- Improved menu interface
- Wallpaper support for Gnome 2, Gnome 3, XFCE and FluxBox
- --fullscreen argument to start in Fullscreen mode
- GConf independent
- Drop images with right click
- Save 'Auto resize' option between sessions
15 December 2010
Viewnior 1.1 released
- Full Drag'n'Drop support
- Toggle window autoresize after image load
- Remember window state (maximized) between startups
- Add "Last Used Mode" zoom option
- --slideshow argument to start in Slideshow mode
- Gnome 3.0 ready
- Remove deprecated gtk+/glib symbols
- .desktop entry issue
This release depends on gtk+ 2.20
Viewnior 1.1 PPA packages
available for Lucid
30 March 2010
Viewnior 1.0 released
- After cropping make the save action sensitive
- Rendering issues under Ubuntu 9.10
- Show position/total images in fullscreen view
- Interface modifications/fixes
Viewnior's PPA for Lucid users is up and running!
17 March 2010
Wow, it has been almost four months since the last entry!
so, Viewnior is NOT dead. As you can see, we now have a new site design, hope you like it.
And YES, there WILL be Viewnior 1.0. I'm still gathering the goodies, so be prepared :P
21 November 2009
Sorry, boys & girls
I have to admit, that there is no time left for me to hack on Viewnior. But don't worry, Viewnior 1.0 will be out as soon as possible!
P.S. I also lost all my GPG & SSH keys :(
10 September 2009
I will be brief.
The project was started with "simple and fast". Cropping functionality in the last (0.7) release is the only and ,I assure you, the last exception.
No image editing or photo management tools will be implemented, nor that "ultra mega giga fancy" functionality you may want.
As said in the About page, Viewnior is and will be dependent only on gtk+.
Until now Viewnior was facing a new release every month. As a result, it is now stable and functional enough to enter the 1.0 release cycle. The next (0.8) version will become 1.0 and will be released sometime in October.
6 September 2009
Viewnior 0.7 released
- Simple Crop functionality
- "Open With" menu
- Show/hide the toolbar
- New mouse wheel action - "Scroll image up/down"
- Honor image orientation metadata
- Custom assigned keybindings don't get saved (#415022)
- Image height displayed incorrectly (#422507)
31 August 2009
Soon: Viewnior 0.7
Viewnior 0.7 to be released on September 6!
The new release brings: simple crop functionality, "Open With" menu, option to show/hide the toolbar, new mouse wheel action and some important fixes. Full list of the changes will be available on the relase date.
15 August 2009
Viewnior's PPA for Karmic users
Refer to https://launchpad.net/~xsisqox/+archive/ppa
9 August 2009
Viewnior 0.6 released
- Preferences dialog
- Configurable mouse actions
- Properties dialog
- Many User Interface fixes
- Fix unaccurate double-click zooming
2 August 2009
Soon: Viewnior 0.6
Viewnior 0.6 is about to be released on 9 August.
You can give a helping hand by
What's the new stuff? Well ... it's pretty much a secret :P
26 June 2009
Viewnior 0.5 released
- Rotate and flip images
- Autohide toolbar and cursor in fullscreen mode
- Popup (right-click) menu
- "Fit to window" really works (scales above than 1:1)
26 June 2009
19 May 2009
Viewnior 0.4 released
- Set Wallpaper (optional / only for Gnome)
- Fullscreen and Slideshow
- Add "Open Image" and "Open Folder" to the File menu
- Add "Delete" to the File menu
17 May 2009
Viewnior 0.3 released
- File Navigation
- UI - Add menu and toolbar
- Message area is now complete
- Improved small size icons
17 May 2009
Welcome to Viewnior's homepage.